Terms and Conditions of Use - Weddings
1. Cancellations of bookings will incur the following charges based on the anticipated revenue for the event including venue hire, food and beverages):
However, if we are able to resell the venue for the date booked, a full refund will be given.
2. Full payment of all costs including estimated food and beverage charges must be made 1 month prior to the function.
3. The premises will be left clean and in good order and vacated not later than the time booked. The hirer shall reimburse any excess cost incurred in cleaning the premises after the hiring necessary to ensure that the premises are sufficiently clean for normal use by the Foundation.
4. The hirer shall pay to the Foundation the cost of repair or replacement resulting from any loss arising from the hiring however caused or of whatever nature to the premises and all equipment or property thereon (whether provided by the Foundation or any other body or person).
5. A hirer must not sub-let to another party.
6. Where alcohol is available at a function, the bar will close at 11:00pm (10:30pm term time). Gatton Hall must be vacated by 12:00 midnight (11:00pm during term time).
7. Where a variation to the licence for the sale of intoxicating liquor is to be requested for a function, six weeks prior written notice must be given. Agreement to make such an application rests solely with the Foundation. An administrative charge of £50 will be made for making the application.
8. No intoxicating liquor will be brought onto or consumed on the premises except at a function with prior written approval. Corkage charges will be made on all bottles supplied by the customer.
9. No preparations are to be applied to the floor. Nothing must be attached to the walls.
10. There must be no infringement of copyright, and in the case of musical entertainment the requirements of the Performing Right Society must be fulfilled.
11. No Smoking is permitted in any of the premises.
12. No fireworks are permitted anywhere in the grounds, due to the presence of livestock.
13. Hirers will have access only to the particular room(s) let to them, including the use of cloakroom/toilet accommodation. In no case is access permitted to any other part of the premises particularly the accommodation for pupils and staff. Hirers may use the grounds in front of Gatton Hall and the Parterre. Access to the rest of Gatton Park is not permitted.
14. Hirers must comply with all health and safety legislation and other relevant statutes and bye laws. We reserve the right to stop, interrupt or cancel your use of the premises if we believe that the safety of people or the premises is about to be jeopardised or put at risk. In such circumstances, we will not be responsible for any loss you may suffer.
15. The hirer must not attach notices/directions etc onto any of the roadside sign boards. If this instruction is disregarded, the hirer will be liable for any damage caused.